Peaches, cobbler and jam...Oh My!

Our family is lucky enough to have a beautiful fruit bearing peach tree right in our backyard, however, coming up with recipes and uses for all these peaches can be a little overwhelming.  What people sometime forget to realize, when you have a vegetable garden or fruit trees, all the delicious homegrown goodness, comes all at once!  It can get a bit tricky to utilize all of your harvest, but this year, we figured out a way to make it a sharing experience for Abby.  (Now that we've hit the toddler stage, we are really trying to make more experiences learning ones...Mike and I are still trying to get the hang of it ourselves, but we're learning too!)
So a week ago, I realized the peaches were ready for picking and I pulled out the old ladder, climbed as high as I could and picked all the peaches that I could reach.  Abby helped me to packed up her wagon and our basket with peaches, and we began our afternoon peach surprise delivery to our neighbors.  
It was really a lot of fun, the looks of our neighbors faces were priceless and my good friend across the street, born and raised from Tennessee, couldn't have been happier!  Her words, "I have so many recipes, I don't know where to start..."  Not 24 hours later, she had a piping hot Southern Style peach cobbler baked and delivered to our front porch.  
Can you say....De-lish!  Wow.  That cobbler was so darn good, I've included the recipe for you below.  Give it a shot and don't forget the french vanilla ice cream when you serve it.  As if the cobbler wasn't enough, a few days later, I came home to four beautiful mason jars filled with homemade peach jam.  
Heaven, simply, heaven.  

Share with others, be kind to your neighbors and remember...

Keep it Sweet and Keep it Spicy!
xxoo Aly



Comments

Popular Posts