What's for Dinner?

Wow...It's been a very long day, wait, make that week.  The traffic was awful getting home, both Mike and I are looking at each other thinking, please will you cook tonight...please, please, please....

I'm really not in the mood to cook something fancy, strike that, cook at all.  

This is a critical moment. Please tell me you all have been here...do I pick up the phone and order a pizza or reach for the chips and hummus and possibly a cupcake.  No!  Stop Right There...Ladies, this is the opportunity to look like the "Queen of Cuisine" for your family.  Your opportunity to use one of the countless items from your wedding registry which is collecting dust in your pantry.  That's right, go ahead and open that pantry door and get the step ladder, reach way up to the top shelf and reach to the back and grab that handle...Yes, to the PANINI MAKER!!!   

Please admit it, you all have one, just couldn't resist from clicking the gun in the store over the skew number on the panini box as you walked through Crate and Barrel that day with your (now) husband or maybe you were lucky enough to go with your maid of honor and bridesmaids.  My guess is that if it was the latter, you have two pantries full of items you aren't using.  

Now open up the fridge, this has just become a challenge...how creative can you get with a block of Cheddar cheese, deli turkey, a fiji apple and a loaf of cinnamon bread.  Let me tell you, all your husband will need to see to enjoy a meal is Grill Marks!  I am convinced that the Panini Maker was designed by a very smart woman who knew that the simple marks criss-crossing over the top of the grilled bread would suddenly make her man head over heels in love with her and her cooking.  Genius!  

Not for nothing, but those were the exact items I found in my fridge, decided to put together on a sandwich and is now a family favorite.  Try it, I promise you'll love it!

Keep it sweet and keep it spicy!
Aly


Comments

Popular Posts