Party Planning Anxiety...The First Birthday

Abby's turning ONE in twelve days and I don't know about any other moms out there, but I am having this crazy anxiety to plan the perfect first birthday party.  

Why is this?  Where is it coming from?  She certainly isn't asking for anything special, as the extent of her vocabulary is "dada dada" and "uh oh".  Please, please tell me I am not alone

Mike has taken to reminding me almost daily for the last month "Abby is only 12 months old and she won't even remember this birthday..."  Oh, wow...frown. 

He's probably right...oh, but wait, the close to 1000 pictures I will surely take documenting each and every moment of that special day will help her remember!  Phew..thank goodness for digital cameras, right!?!  Remember the days of dropping off film and waiting anxiously for your pictures to arrive, only to find that nearly one third of the 24 roll exposure ended up being blurred or better yet of your thumb!)  I digress...

Could it be the piles of Parents Magazine articles about planning the perfect first birthday party I've been hoarding, or the bookmarks of party website ideas clogging my inbox that I've collected for the last few months making my head spin?  Yes, maybe.  Is is all those party planning shows I am addicted to and secretly want to host?  Yes, probably.  Is it because I miss Abby so much each and every day I leave for work and I feel compelled to make every weekend and special day the best for her?  Yes, absolutely.   

To be honest, you know what it is...just pure, unconditional, I can't live without you love.  Love that makes parents want to give their kids the best that they possibly can.  The best day ever, the best party ever, the best life ever.  

Mike might be right, Abby may not remember this birthday party, and when it's all said and done, all the little details that I'm stressing over and worring about now, I will probably forget about too.  But you know what will burn bright in my memory every day of my life, that first giant cake filled smile Abby will flash on her special day, the smile that melts my heart over and over again. 
Happy Birthday Pumpkin...I love you to the moon and back...  

Keep is sweet and keep it spicy!
xxoo
Aly

By the way, does anyone know where I might be able to rent a pony? 


Comments

Popular Posts