The Toys from my Youth

Parent's of a toddler out there, ever wonder what happened to some of the classic toys that we grew up with as you wonder up and down the toy aisle looking at all these fancy toys that are on the shelves today?  
I have to admit, I am huge fan of Melissa & Doug puzzles (Abby simply loves them) as well as a lot to the Leap Frog musical toys (again Abby is a big fan).  I truly do believe that many of these learning toys are having a positive impact on her speech, language and coordination...but all these bells and whistles, does anyone think it might be too much?!?  

Well, whatever your philosophy might be is up to you as a parent.  I'm not here to argue one point or another, instead, I thought just for fun, we could take a little stroll down memory lane.  Back to the late 1970's/early 1980's when toys weren't battery operated and didn't come with blueprints for instruction plans.  

Who remembers these...










Even though I am 30 plus years removed from these toys, it still feels like yesterday that I was playing with my Etch A Sketch or my ViewMaster...wow, time flies and now having a toddler of our own, Mike and I are reliving that childhood all over again, through Abby's eyes this time and loving every minute.  Stay Young Everyone, you're only as old as you feel in your heart.  

Keep it Sweet and Keep it Spicy
xxoo Aly

Comments

Popular Posts